It’s that time again. The weekend is upon us and now the only thing left to do is figure out what you’re going to do. Don’t worry, we got you covered. Here are 10 of the best things to do in Houston this weekend.
Best Things To Do In Houston This Weekend:
1) Cinema Under The Stars: Top Gun
2) Lace Up For Literacy 5K Run/Walk
3) Friends of Texas Wildlife Gala
4) Urban Harvest Brewing Company Grand Opening
5) A German Christmas Market, Glühwein and More at Saint Arnold Brewery
6) Winter Wonderland Festival
7) Santa Claus at Deerbrook Mall
8) Holiday Art Market at Silver Street Studios
9) Winter on the Greenway-Sledding Hill Returns!
10) Christmas Tree Lighting & Parade
If you are looking for things to do in Houston this weekend, then make sure to read our list. We have put together 10 of the best events and things to do this weekend around the city!
1. The Heights Holiday Home Tour
When: December 1st and 2nd, 11 am – 6 pm
Where: Heights Neighborhood
Celebrate the festive season with your family and friends by taking a tour of some of Houston’s most beautiful homes. These homes are all located in the historic Heights area and will be decorated with fun holiday decorations. All proceeds will go towards a local charity. To find out more information, go to their website here.
There’s a lot going on in Houston this weekend, from live music to art exhibits and more.
Check out our weekly roundup of the best events happening in Houston this weekend, and make some weekend plans.
May the Fourth be with you! Celebrate all things Star Wars with a costume contest, cosplay parade and more at Comicpalooza. Have your picture taken with costumed characters from the Walking Dead, and catch screenings of The Princess Bride and Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Don’t miss the celebrity Q&As with actors like John Cusack and Alan Tudyk.
When: Friday, May 3 – Sunday, May 5
Where: George R. Brown Convention Center; 1001 Avenida de las Americas
How much: Ticket prices vary; get tickets here.
Who says “Friday Night Lights” is over? The H-Town Takeover brings football to NRG Stadium for an exciting game between the Texas Southern Tigers and Prairie View A&M Panthers. Don’t miss this spirited competition that brings together two powerhouse universities in city rivalry history.
When: Saturday, May 4, 7 p.m.
Where: NRG Stadium; 8400 Kirby Dr., Houston
How much: Ticket prices vary; get tickets here.
This weekend, check out some of the best things to do in Houston this weekend. Houston has a lot of fun going on, so get out there and enjoy!
1. Friday Night Concerts at the Miller Outdoor Theatre
2. Free Yoga in the Park at Discovery Green
3. Free Museum Entry for Bank of America Customers
4. Free Museum Entry for Chase Customers
5. Enjoy a Cold Brew at the Saint Arnold Summer Pils Release Party
6. Explore Artcar Weekend at House of Blues Houston
7. Check Out the Aloft Circus Arts Festival at Aloft Houston Downtown
8. Visit the First Annual Houston Comicpalooza Convention
9. Take in Some Live Music at Market Square Park
10. Enjoy a Film and Live Music at Miller Outdoor Theatre
Houston, there’s no problem here.
Here’s what to do in the city this weekend.
* There’s a beer and bike tour of Houston happening on Saturday, Nov. 21 from 12:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Good Dog Houston (903 Studewood St.).
* The Houston Grand Opera is performing seven shows for its 2015-2016 season at the Wortham Theater Center (501 Texas Ave.).
* The Museum of Fine Arts Houston is hosting an exhibition on graphic design and typography called “Graphic Design: Now In Production.”
* The “Lighting of the Trees” at Rockefeller Center kicks off the first day of Hanukkah on Sunday, Nov. 22 and runs through Wednesday, Dec. 30 at Rockefeller Center (30 Rockefeller Plaza).
* An annual holiday market opens at Union Station (1 Union Sq.) on Saturday, Nov. 21 and runs through Christmas Eve at 2 p.m., when all five floors will be open to the public for free.
ActionPacked Weekend: From an event for the whole family to a day for the grownups only, you can find it this weekend in Houston.
The Queensbury Theatre presents “A Christmas Story,” the tale of Ralphie who is desperately trying to convince his parents, teachers and Santa that a Red Ryder BB gun really is the perfect gift. The show runs through Dec. 23 at 12777 Queensbury Lane. Tickets are $10 to $47.50. For information, call 713-467-4497 or visit queensburytheatre.org.
The Greater Houston Convention & Visitors Bureau will present “Houston: Inside Out” at 6 p.m. Thursday at 1520 Texas Avenue in downtown Houston featuring food and wine from Houston restaurants and wineries, live music and entertainment, dancing, games and more benefiting Houston area charities. Tickets are $100 per person or $75 for GHVB members. For information, call 832-651-5100 or visit houstoninsideout.com/tickets/.
The Houston Symphony’s Home for the Holidays concert series continues with Conductor Michael Krajewski leading the orchestra and vocalists as they perform holiday favorites at 8 p.m.
While there are plenty of things to do in Houston, sometimes you just want to get out of the city and explore. If you’re looking for a break from the hustle and bustle, take a day trip to one of the many cities near Houston. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing beach weekend or an exciting getaway, here are 10 great options.
3. San Antonio
4. Round Top
5. Lake Livingston
6. New Orleans
7. Kemah Boardwalk