The Robinson R44 Helicopter has been around since the 90s and has become one of the most popular helicopters in the world. If you are interested in purchasing an aircraft, it is important to know what you’re looking at and what some of the best features are. Here are 10 facts about the Robinson R44 helicopter that make it one of the best on the market.
1. The Robinson R44 is a four-seat, light helicopter that was manufactured by the Robinson Helicopter Company. It is one of the most popular models manufactured by this company because it is easy to fly and extremely reliable.
2. The R44 was first introduced in 1992 and became available for purchase in 1993. There have been four different variations on that model, including the Raven I, Raven II, Astro, and Raven II Special Edition.
3. It is powered by a Lycoming IO-540 engine that can produce 260 horsepower at 2,500 RPM. This gives it enough power to get off the ground in less than 400 feet without any obstacles or headwinds from behind it.
4. The maximum speed of this helicopter is around 105 knots while it cruises around 80 knots per hour on average. This will vary based on your altitude and wind conditions as well as
The Robinson R44 helicopter is one of the most popular helicopter models on the market. In fact, it is the best-selling helicopter in existence, with over 7,000 units produced and flown all over the world.
This four-seat helicopter was designed and manufactured by Robinson Helicopter Company (RHC), a US-based manufacturer founded in 1973 by Frank Robinson. Since its introduction in 1992, the R44 has been recognized for its high performance, low operating costs, and superior safety record.
In this blog post, we’ll be taking a closer look at ten facts that make the Robinson R44 helicopter so popular.
1. It’s Lightweight
The R44 can carry up to 1,100 pounds (500 kilograms) of useful load. That’s more than enough to fit three passengers and their luggage comfortably.
2. It Has Superior Climb Performance
The Robinson R44 helicopter has a service ceiling of 14,000 feet and a climb rate of 1,000 feet per minute. That means it can reach altitudes where other helicopters start to lose their performance capabilities at a much faster pace than other aircrafts can.
3. The Cabin Is Spacious
With dimensions of 42 inches wide by 48 inches high and 47 inches long, the
The Robinson R44 helicopter is a four seat helicopter that was first built in 1990. The Robinson R44 has been one of the world’s most popular helicopters for 20 years and more than 7,000 have been sold so far.
Robinson R44 Helicopter: 10 Facts That Make It A Great Machine!
Here’s our list of the top 10 facts about the Robinson R44 helicopter:
1. The aircraft has two large doors that open in opposite directions, giving access to all seats. These doors are also great for photography because they open wide and don’t have a roof support bar to get in the way.
2. The aircraft has dual controls as standard, which is great for pilots who want to practice their skills or for instructors teaching new pilots.
3. The Robinson R44 also comes with an adjustable pilot’s seat as standard, unlike some other aircraft where this is an extra cost option that you may or may not need.
4. There is a large baggage compartment behind the seats (about 1 cubic meter), which can be accessed from inside or outside the aircraft via a baggage door that opens into flight. This compartment is also designed to fit a golf bag if you’re planning on taking your clubs away with you!
The Robinson R44 helicopter is one of the most popular and successful helicopters in history. With over 7,000 units produced, this helicopter is a common sight in the skies over Southern California. When you see a small helicopter flying overhead, there’s a good chance it’s a Robinson R44! Here are the top 10 facts about this amazing helicopter.
1) The R44 was introduced in 1992.
2) Over 7,000 R44s have been produced since then.
3) The R44 has more variants than any other civilian helicopter in the world (Raven II, Raven I, Astro, and Clipper).
4) The R44 is one of the fastest helicopters you can get in its class with a top speed of 138 MPH.
5) It can carry up to three passengers plus one pilot or two passengers plus two pilots depending on which variant you’re looking at (Raven II vs Raven I).
6) This helicopter costs around $400k new and used prices vary widely depending on how many hours are on it as well as what kind of condition it’s in (from $100k-$300k).
7) This aircraft has had some issues with its engine which resulted in several fatal crashes due to engine failure during takeoff or landing
1. The R44 is a four-seat helicopter designed by Frank Robinson.
2. It was the first helicopter to make use of a two-bladed teetering rotor system with a single stabilizer bar.
3. Robinson started designing and building helicopters in 1956, and his first model, the two-seat Robinson R22, first flew in 1975.
4. The R44 Astro was the first model introduced, and it went into production in 1990.
5. Pilots like flying the R44 because it has an extremely smooth ride and is easy to control.
6. The aircraft has a top speed of 124 mph and can travel up to 345 miles before needing to refuel.
7. Approximately 3200 R44s have been built since its inception, making it one of the most popular helicopter models ever produced by Robinson Helicopter Company.
8. In March 2014, a helicopter company based in New Zealand manufactured an ultralight version of the R44 called the HeliQwest Aircam that weighs just 1260 pounds (dry).
9. There have been numerous crashes involving the R44 due to mechanical failure or pilot error; many of which resulted in fatalities or serious injuries for passengers on board as well as people outside
The Robinson R44 is a four-seat, light helicopter manufactured by Robinson Helicopter since 1992. The R44 has become the world’s best-selling general aviation helicopter.
1. The R44 was originally developed as an improved version of the two-seat Robinson R22 with a more powerful engine, beefed up structure, and better performance. It flies in a similar manner to the R22 but with greater power reserves
2. The first flight of the prototype (N3699L) was on 31 March 1990, and it was type certified in December 1992. With its high useful load capability and low cost, the R44 has become popular for flight training and tourism operations
3. It can carry three passengers plus a pilot or one passenger plus pilot and baggage when fitted with auxiliary fuel tanks
4. In December 1992 the R44 received its airworthiness certificate from FAA and it entered production in 1993
5. The R44 is built with a single main rotor and tail rotor configuration, with an enclosed cabin seating up to three passengers plus a pilot in an open cockpit **[Robinson Helicopters, 2014](http://www.robinsonheli.com/robinson-helicopter-models/robinson-r44/)**
1. The R44 helicopter is the world’s best-selling helicopter.
2. The R44 is more than just a helicopter; it is an experience.
3. The R44 is safe, efficient, and reliable.
4. It has been around since 1993 and has gone through four iterations, the most recent being the R44 Raven II in 2001.
5. Its safety record is unparalleled in the aviation industry.
6. Its design allows for easy maintenance and low operating costs, making it an ideal aircraft for both personal and commercial use.
7. It can be used for a multitude of purposes, including search-and-rescue missions, surveillance operations (including police work), aerial photography, sightseeing tours or as an air taxi service–just to name a few.”